Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   I've got 99 alts and a main ain't 1. (/forums/showthread.php?t=350143)

Etris 02-11-2020 05:10 PM

I've got 99 alts and a main ain't 1.

IT'S BEGINNING!

I'm only level 16 and I'm starting to fall in love with every class that runs in front of me.

Here's my issue. My main is a rogue :eek: I absolutely love playing him but as a casual player, I don't have 2 hours a day to spend lfg, before I join my group for 2 more hours of back-stab time. So after researching solutions online, the best (and only) solution that comes to mind is create an alt that is solo friendly while you lfg as your main.

Solo Classes That I Don't Want To Play
Druid - Too many, un-wanted even at 50. No thanks.
Necromancer - Impossible epic as casual player.
Magician - Seems hella boring, impossible epic as casual player, pets re-searchable and crazy $$$.
Enchanter - Too difficult to play well unless EQ pro?

Solo Classes I'm considering
Shaman - Too many, managing spell book is a nightmare?

Non-Solo Class I'm Considering
Cleric - Always needed right? seems boring though.
Bard - Too many, too difficult to play well unless EQ pro?

HELP ME DECIDE :confused:

P.S Looking for friends to level with 8pm+ EST (have mic)

koala 02-11-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etris (Post 3083949)
Too difficult to play well unless EQ pro?

Soloing is hard in EQ. Some of the classes you listed are also the best at soloing, but you ruled them out because they're too hard. Maybe you don't want to solo after all, and just stick with a class that you find fun in groups?

eqravenprince 02-11-2020 05:25 PM

Static group is the way to go or at least a static duo that you can add to. I would love to form a static group, but can't seem to get any traction on it.

Swish 02-11-2020 05:27 PM

I think the option here is to play something that works well both solo and in groups.

The obvious ones are enchanters (eventually, CHA gear helps), necromancers, druids, shamans (a half decent weapon helps), and a shout out to clerics... they can solo, I played undead wizard through the 30s and 40s on my blue cleric on and off when I couldn't get a group.

eqravenprince 02-11-2020 05:35 PM

To answer your question on alt, I'd say Monk since you like Rogue I'm assuming due to melee and being a damage dealer. Monks just have some extra tools that allow them to solo more effectively than a Rogue. I soloed most of my way to level 50 just binding wound to 50% and then tagging the next blue con mob. If I wasn't going to win, I feign death, bind wound back to 50% and try again.

Bigsham 02-11-2020 05:36 PM

gnome wizard, your welcome.

zanderklocke 02-11-2020 06:05 PM

Bard is not that difficult, and it can be either a group or solo class. I think the people that claim bard is super hard don't actually play computer or video games that require regular consistent button pushing. I guess it's hard compared to a class in which you just press auto attack and watch the screen passively.

Evets 02-11-2020 06:14 PM

That's what I call the perpetual noob state - when you want to play every class and you only level to 20 and change your mind haha. I had that problem when I started 20 years ago on tarew marr but I was also like 14... what I always like to say is : play what is fun for you! even if that means making an alt for every class if you enjoy that.

Keebz 02-11-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqravenprince (Post 3083977)
To answer your question on alt, I'd say Monk since you like Rogue I'm assuming due to melee and being a damage dealer. Monks just have some extra tools that allow them to solo more effectively than a Rogue. I soloed most of my way to level 50 just binding wound to 50% and then tagging the next blue con mob. If I wasn't going to win, I feign death, bind wound back to 50% and try again.

Also, monk epic is pretty doable as a casual.

El-Hefe 02-11-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqravenprince (Post 3083966)
Static group is the way to go or at least a static duo that you can add to. I would love to form a static group, but can't seem to get any traction on it.

Honestly, before Green launched I thought this way, too.

But since every decent camp has players at it 24/7 I think it's actually a bit easier to get into pugs solo than it is to find a camp that you can bring your whole group to.

Once Kunark launches however, static group is 100% the way to go.