Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Most Chill Class Period? (/forums/showthread.php?t=355787)

Trivonus 04-16-2020 05:43 PM

Most Chill Class Period?

Hey all,

I'm still in a holding pattern trying to figure out what to roll for green. I want something super chill, raid and group and that can solo.

So, what's the most chill class period? I was thinking, possibly, rogue. Rogue - can lockpick doors, explore safely, get corpses extremely safely, get to and out of camps safely, is wanted for groups and raids even high end and is useful. Epic is a freebie. Can hold fat amounts of loot b/c of high strength. Also, just hitting auto attack and backstab makes it like the most chill thing ever right? Okay, so they can't solo well.

Wizard is a close second, but as a wizard you can't recover your corpse nearly as easily as you can on rogue (HS, Seb, DN, etc.). Also, wizard epic is much harder to get. Also, much harder to get groups, especially high end.

Necromancer is also extremely chill I would surmise. With FD and the ability to summon your corpse and self rez, you are extremely solid no matter the situation. Plus, you can solo extremely well. That being said, it's hard to get groups, and having your hp tick down constantly is stressful (imo), and Kunark is out yet, so I would want to wait until November to play this anyway.

Druid can't get groups 30+ and healing is the most stressful role to me next to pulling for raids.

Magician is pretty chill, but raid role is just summoning items and post-Kunark I never seemed to get into any groups. Spending hours LFG in Seb is lame. Maybe the most important factor is the epic is nigh impossible to get!

Bard, enchanter, cleric, and shaman should all go without saying here.

SK/Pal/War. Can't bind and are always the first to die when stuff hits the fan. Needs to be a large race usually (War, SK) and w/o DElf mask can be extremely frustrating (or expensive) getting around the race size issue. Has to constantly watch for incoming and keep agro up and gear requirements are quite large. Epics are not super easy.

So, is rogue the most chill class ever? Maybe I'm wrong. Thoughts, please!!!

Bigsham 04-16-2020 05:49 PM

The most chill class is a wizard they get up for 3 seconds every 20

magnetaress 04-16-2020 05:57 PM

rogue or wiz, u r right about not having tough crs, as a wiz i refuse to do dangerous things, so i end up not doing much on them other then quad or kite singles in the safest corners of norrath

rogue has more potential for adventure

wiz has ports so u dont have to walk

u can play a druid without ever grouping or healing, personally if i played a druid i would refuse to heal if i didnt want to and would spec evoke but that is just me

Cen 04-16-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3111438)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cen (Post 3111437)
Magician, Wizard, and Rogue are the simplest classes. Magicians and Wizards can solo well.

but as for most chill period no other variables? I think its Wizard.

branamil 04-16-2020 06:46 PM

Rogue, even wizzes get bugged for ports.

Rogues don't have to do anything at all besides autoattCk and press backstab once in a while. If you ever get asked to drag a corpse you can just /q

ChooChoo Train 04-16-2020 07:10 PM

Necro/monk/sk having FD makes life super easy.

magnetaress 04-16-2020 07:12 PM

cleric was pretty chill too, spec evoke, nuke whatever afk, de /hide if u really want some extra insurance, again, going to take several months to hit 40, but its chill lol

do not ever group on a cleric if u hate healing u will hate ur life :)

turbosilk 04-17-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivonus (Post 3112779)
Hey all,

I'm still in a holding pattern trying to figure out what to roll for green. I want something super chill, raid and group and that can solo.

So, what's the most chill class period? I was thinking, possibly, rogue. Rogue - can lockpick doors, explore safely, get corpses extremely safely, get to and out of camps safely, is wanted for groups and raids even high end and is useful. Epic is a freebie. Can hold fat amounts of loot b/c of high strength. Also, just hitting auto attack and backstab makes it like the most chill thing ever right? Okay, so they can't solo well.

Wizard is a close second, but as a wizard you can't recover your corpse nearly as easily as you can on rogue (HS, Seb, DN, etc.). Also, wizard epic is much harder to get. Also, much harder to get groups, especially high end.

Necromancer is also extremely chill I would surmise. With FD and the ability to summon your corpse and self rez, you are extremely solid no matter the situation. Plus, you can solo extremely well. That being said, it's hard to get groups, and having your hp tick down constantly is stressful (imo), and Kunark is out yet, so I would want to wait until November to play this anyway.

Druid can't get groups 30+ and healing is the most stressful role to me next to pulling for raids.

Magician is pretty chill, but raid role is just summoning items and post-Kunark I never seemed to get into any groups. Spending hours LFG in Seb is lame. Maybe the most important factor is the epic is nigh impossible to get!

Bard, enchanter, cleric, and shaman should all go without saying here.

SK/Pal/War. Can't bind and are always the first to die when stuff hits the fan. Needs to be a large race usually (War, SK) and w/o DElf mask can be extremely frustrating (or expensive) getting around the race size issue. Has to constantly watch for incoming and keep agro up and gear requirements are quite large. Epics are not super easy.

So, is rogue the most chill class ever? Maybe I'm wrong. Thoughts, please!!!

This must be for blue because mages don't summon riffs and are the alpha dps class.

Porcoa 04-17-2020 10:50 AM

Barbarian Shaman specializing in evocation.

Velerin 04-17-2020 12:02 PM

Clearly enchanter. Put up LFG, get invite. Toss clarity and do nothing else. Soak up exp. See how long before they boot you. Get booted. Put up LFG and repeat.