Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Multi-Classing (/forums/showthread.php?t=367958)

Naerron 09-15-2020 01:23 AM

Multi-Classing

If you could multi-class in EQ like you can in 5e DnD what combos would you possibly use?

In EQ terms this would translate into taking your 60 levels and dumping them into whatever classes you wanted to, but could only gain the abilities and skills of that single class up to the amount of levels you put into it.

For example, if did 55 levels of warrior and 5 levels of shaman, i would max my weapon skills and such at 55 got the warrior and would lose the 56-60 disciplines....but i would gain the the lvl 1-5 shaman spells, which include a slow and gate...

With the way EQ stacks i doubt many people would take it, but could produce some really interesting combos, especially if you could gear from both classes.

Psyborg 09-15-2020 02:09 AM

Level 10 Rogue.
Level 50 Warrior.

Watch as my Tantors Tusk Backstabs make you weep.

Videri 09-15-2020 02:41 AM

Imaginative idea for a thread!

Maybe level 59 enchanter + level 1 cleric for Divine Aura.

Maybe level 59 bard + level 1 ranger for Good Track...though I suppose it would be subject to the ranger's skill caps, so never mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyborg (Post 3182432)
Level 10 Rogue.
Level 50 Warrior.

Watch as my Tantors Tusk Backstabs make you weep.

VERY clever. It would mean giving up some discs, but I think the result would be a nice DPS-build warrior.

Jibartik 09-15-2020 02:50 AM

Haha 59 chanter with 1 track sounds pretty insane.

I would like to just see what a 30 necro 30 paladin would be like.

edit: chanter bard?

level 6 bard: Movespeed & HP regen
level 54 enchanter: highest non dictate charm & C2

If you go bard first, you can have those awesome abilities to help you level but you sacrifice starting with low int, although you can be a wood-elf enchanter in that case, which is neat. If you go enchanter first its like, who cares about getting those abilities really you're just a farm bot now so maybe that build is pretty boring. womp womp.

Although I am curious what the gearing would be like.

Foxplay 09-15-2020 02:54 AM

58Monk, 1Pal, 1SK

a monk with Lay on hands and harm touch, and mend

Videri 09-15-2020 03:34 AM

Are we working with the level-based skill/spell caps of the respective classes? If so:
Level 1 paladin Lay Hands = 34 hp
Level 1 shadow knight Harm Touch = 11 damage
Level 10 rogue backstab = backstab skill capped at 55
and so on

If not, though, then yeah, I'll farm you a Pegasus Feather Cloak on my level 59 bard with max Ranger track, np. :cool:

Baler 09-15-2020 03:46 AM

lvl 5 bard for selo
lvl 44 druid for group ports

For a lvl 49 port char

Zipity 09-15-2020 07:16 AM

59 necro + 1 bard for the ultimate pull class - snare, FD, lifetap, pet track, like 6 DAs, gate, bind, succor are night, fear, mez etc

Really any caster lvl 59 + lvl 1 bard due to being able to cast/use clickies on the run. Would open access to tons of moving DAs and cast/kiting strats. Fucking wizard swarm kiting.

46 epic mage, 12 ench, 1bard, 1 cleric, epic pet ,Tash + malo, slow, Pbaoe mez, lull, root, memblur, cheap heals, DA, and you can still cast on the run.

59 bard + 1 monk for double attack

59pal/Sk + 1 monk for dual wield

Ennewi 09-15-2020 07:32 AM

Assuming only one epic is allowed, for the class with most levels.

39 levels in cleric (complete healing, stuns, fear/vs undead, ivu, root, da/db, lulls, bind, gate, epic clicky supersedes 50% rez) (specialization @ 30)
20 levels of bard (mana regen, hp regen, selos, slow, resist songs, eb, haste, invis) (singing, percussion, string, brass, wind) (forage, sneak, dodge, dual wield)
1 level of druid (snare)

Human as race for the ability to wear numerous rare/class-specific robes, and it's the only race with access to all three classes separately. Tunare as deity, for PoG quest rewards.

DMN 09-15-2020 07:53 AM

Like videri mentioned you'd really have to clarify whether or not you'd gain max skills for a class even without more levels in it. Like a 59WE/1SK would be a level 1 harm touch or a level 60 harm touch? I would assume the former if we are going from the standard D&D perspective.

Another sticky issue might be the epics... mage epic in particular. If you only need 1 level in mage to get it you could do 1 mage/59 ench

How about the general rule you can only get the epic of the class you have the most levels in?

So with all of that out of the way here's an interesting one especially with epic pet: Magician 56/enchanter 4( stun, mez, fear, lull). Since mez can mem wipe you could pretty much destroy anything even if it summons and chain the epic pet between mesmerize casts