Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   If I was in charge. (/forums/showthread.php?t=390470)

long.liam 08-25-2021 02:03 AM

If I was in charge.

I would delete the Mage Class from the game. They are completely useless. Their Pets can't consistently pull aggro from the Mage. The pets dps is Mediocre when compared to Enchanters or even Necro, Necro pets appear to be roughly on par with Mage pets, but Necros also have a whole bunch of other useful spells and Abilities. There are vastly weaker in HP than mobs, so they melt like a hot knife through melted butter. The Mage class can't even solo anymore now that pet chaining is broken. What's the whole point of this class anymore other than Cothing. Why keep a class in game for the sake of 1 spell.

If I were in charge I would delete the Mage class and then give all their pets and the COTH spell to Wizards. Also I would probably remove the Al'kabor line of spells from the game as well to make room for Pet spells and Coth.

If you are considering a Mage, don't. Roll an Enchanter or Roll a Necro or Roll a Necro, Roll anything but a Mage.

Allishia 08-25-2021 10:02 AM

I like my mage. Sometimes it's fun to play lazy class, dmg shield the tank, summon some levitate rings, send in pet. They are actually very good in group content!

Samoht 08-25-2021 10:11 AM

Group content tiers:

S - Enchanter, Bard
A - Cleric, Shaman, Paladin, Shadow Knight, Rogue
B - Monk, Ranger
C - Warrior
D - Necro, Druid, Mage
F - Wizard

Mage definitely not very good in group content.

starkind 08-25-2021 10:14 AM

make necros not have a pet at all, make mage pets more beefy give them heals and more pet buffs and some party buffs

delete clarity from enchanters

only necros get lich

delete bard and regen songs from bards

delete torpor

gg

Allishia 08-25-2021 10:30 AM

Y'all are crazy, mage is awesome in group. Good sustained and utility!

Tunabros 08-25-2021 10:57 AM

damn if only we had call of the hero in a classic emulator elf sim of a 20 year old game

where all dragons are rooted

Mblake1981 08-25-2021 11:03 AM

NEGGED

You all would make great modern games designers, I am not even tempted by your product.

These threads..
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=390352

wuanahto 08-25-2021 11:03 AM

Do people not give agro weps like obsidian shards or choke whips to their pets these days?

Widem 08-25-2021 11:19 AM

I read this as "If I were a boy" by Beyonce

pink grapefruit 08-25-2021 11:21 AM

you guys got it all wrong!

we need:
beastlords
gnome SKs
pvp

if anything should be deleted from the game it's dwarves