Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New World?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=392500)

Icecometus 09-28-2021 10:08 AM

New World??

Any folks hopping on to New World this week? I enjoyed the Betas, gonna give it a try, would be great to play with some P99 veterans.

cd288 09-28-2021 12:49 PM

I'll probably try it out sometime in the next week. Looks interesting. Not really sure about this "no classes" thing since ultimately people will build their character into what is essentially a specific class, so why not have classes, but looks fun overall.

Tunabros 09-28-2021 02:31 PM

is it any good?

the combat turns me off but I would try if it had good reception

Jibartik 09-28-2021 02:50 PM

I can’t wait to use blankets to farm goods from the locals

cd288 09-28-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunabros (Post 3368506)
is it any good?

I'll be playing it sometime in the next couple days. Can let you know. The faction war system is interesting, seems like they're trying to go for a DAoC angle there; we'll see how it works out...if the player base shrinks you're going to have problems because you will be splitting the pop three ways in terms of availability of players to group/guild etc. with.

Icecometus 09-28-2021 05:42 PM

Its a lot of fun, different from any MMO I have played. I played a Rogue in EQ so melee was always pretty action oriented with positioning and everything. NW rewards skill in a way that most MMOs don't IMO. Crafting is fun, and the PVE will get a lot better with time as they figure out how to challenge the players.

Swish 09-28-2021 06:57 PM

I'll wait til its confirmed as something worth trying, I'll let the "I've been playing here since pre-alpha alpha" guys have their moment :)

Tethler 09-29-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3368467)
I'll probably try it out sometime in the next week. Looks interesting. Not really sure about this "no classes" thing since ultimately people will build their character into what is essentially a specific class, so why not have classes, but looks fun overall.

The weapons you equip have skill trees and abilities tied to them that you level up by using, so really, your weapon choice is essentially your class. It just lets you swap out playstyle on the fly without having to create a ton of alts.

Tethler 09-29-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunabros (Post 3368506)
is it any good?

You already know my opinion from the thread in off topic, but I think it's good so far. Some servers have absurd queues, the ones with popular streamers playing on them in particular. Amazon has had to open up dozens of new servers to handle the demand. I chose a more quiet server that has only had a modest queue of a few hundred.

Currently up to level 24 and having a blast!

pink grapefruit 09-29-2021 10:14 AM

sad there are no elves :(

the lore feels like it'd be hard to get into. isn't it just christopher columbus but magic?