Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Chanter Epic quest and faction hits (/forums/showthread.php?t=393778)

hamirez 10-26-2021 06:06 PM

Chanter Epic quest and faction hits

For those who already completed the chanter epic question I have one question.

As a high elf enchanter, what city guards can I kill and still have zero problems doing my epic quest? :confused:

I am used to do it with my necro but its my first time playing a chanter.

Have been killing HHK guards (too late, and hope its alright) and was thinking about doing east freeport ones once I hit 40, but dont know if I should. :eek:

Beckoning 10-26-2021 06:10 PM

It doesn't really matter. The turn in mobs in the different cities con indifferent. As an example, I tanked my Ak`Anon factions and was still able to do the turn in Ak`Anon. You may have to be careful and pacify some mobs around there, but it won't hold you up.

hamirez 10-26-2021 06:13 PM

Cool! Open season to hunt all guards. Thanks!

widowblade 10-26-2021 07:10 PM

Yeah it doesn't really matter, though the two cities that are beneficial to be friendly with are Neriak and Cabilis due to key encounters that take place in these areas (Verina Tomb and Vessel Drozlin). So if you can preserve faction in any cities those would be the two I recommend. An enchanter with no faction hits should have no problem moving through these cities with dark elf / iksar illusion. Just a matter of convenience though, not necessarily required.

Side note - though not really a city, another faction that would be worth working on is Chardok for the Prince Selrach part. Very helpful to be able to move about that very dangerous zone with no issues. Would recommend saving up some plat for the goblin skins needed for that faction.

hamirez 10-26-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by widowblade (Post 3380350)
Yeah it doesn't really matter, though the two cities that are beneficial to be friendly with are Neriak and Cabilis due to key encounters that take place in these areas (Verina Tomb and Vessel Drozlin). So if you can preserve faction in any cities those would be the two I recommend. An enchanter with no faction hits should have no problem moving through these cities with dark elf / iksar illusion. Just a matter of convenience though, not necessarily required.

Side note - though not really a city, another faction that would be worth working on is Chardok for the Prince Selrach part. Very helpful to be able to move about that very dangerous zone with no issues. Would recommend saving up some plat for the goblin skins needed for that faction.

Thanks for the alert. Wont forget about Neriak and Cabilis

Barlu 10-27-2021 07:39 AM

I would also recommend you keep your Hole faction until you’ve done the ghost of
Kindle part at a minimum. With Earth Illusion and Collaboration you can make it past everything but the rats with invis. IVU will get you passed all of the undead.

Ghost is on a different faction and can easily be crit pulled to a safe spot and killed.