Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   longer angry golbin time (/forums/showthread.php?t=409360)

Tunawiggle 10-18-2022 06:22 PM

longer angry golbin time

Angry goblin roll time needs to change from 10 seconds to 20-30 seconds. Sitting at a camps for 5-7 hours at a time to be told your late and your roll doesn't count after being there for multiple hours is dumb AF. Especially when you get congratulated by other players that know who the real winner should be.

Ripqozko 10-18-2022 06:33 PM

Sorry you don't got cords, consider being active.

Tunawiggle 10-18-2022 06:40 PM

as you can see a troll that supports the 10 second rule. obviously has no wife or children that he/she needs to talk to and might be a few seconds late on a 10 seconds roll.

Philistine 10-18-2022 07:14 PM

I feel like Tuna has a fair question.

Why is the timer for Angry 10 seconds instead of 20-30 like Scout, Ring 8, or Ring 10?

I'm genuinely curious - not being argumentative.

loramin 10-18-2022 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philistine (Post 3521890)
I feel like Tuna has a fair question.

Why is the timer for Angry 10 seconds instead of 20-30 like Scout, Ring 8, or Ring 10?

I'm genuinely curious - not being argumentative.

The short answer, as with any of the player agreements, is that it's what all the players would agree to.

For the longer answer ... you have to keep in mind that when Shady and Angry were first added to P99, they were a clickfest. To get the current player agreements in place, several players (myself included) had to lobby everyone who showed up for the click fest (before the goblin spawned) and convince them to agree to a roll.

It was not easy: for days we had most people wanting to roll, but a few holdouts who refused (and as long as anyone refused, we had no agreement). To get those last holdouts to agree, we gave them "concessions" ... and IIRC the short time was one such concession (although it's been years now so I don't remember for certain).

But, all that's needed to change it is ... for everyone at the camp to agree to do so (for a few days in a row).

Tunawiggle 10-18-2022 07:39 PM

when many people show up and say the 10 second rule is terrible maybe it should change. imagine being the type of person who enforces a 10 seconds roll law on peopel that have sat at the camp for a hours. dumb af.

Ripqozko 10-18-2022 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunawiggle (Post 3521894)
when many people show up and say the 10 second rule is terrible maybe it should change. imagine being the type of person who enforces a 10 seconds roll law on peopel that have sat at the camp for a hours. dumb af.

Sorry you were late, hope that helps, grats.

Foxplay 10-18-2022 08:51 PM

They don't call it angry goblin for no reason

Philistine 10-18-2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3521893)
The short answer, as with any of the player agreements, is that it's what all the players would agree to.

For the longer answer ... you have to keep in mind that when Shady and Angry were first added to P99, they were a clickfest. To get the current player agreements in place, several players (myself included) had to lobby everyone who showed up for the click fest (before the goblin spawned) and convince them to agree to a roll.

It was not easy: for days we had most people wanting to roll, but a few holdouts who refused (and as long as anyone refused, we had no agreement). To get those last holdouts to agree, we gave them "concessions" ... and IIRC the short time was one such concession (although it's been years now so I don't remember for certain).

But, all that's needed to change it is ... for everyone at the camp to agree to do so (for a few days in a row).

Ahhhh that is enlightening thank you! It surprises me that people would do that to themselves and/or others, but I appreciate that we all have different priorities and expectations in this game and in life!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunawiggle (Post 3521894)
when many people show up and say the 10 second rule is terrible maybe it should change. imagine being the type of person who enforces a 10 seconds roll law on people that have sat at the camp for a hours. dumb af.

This definitely seems frustrating. Rules are rules, but it sounds like a frustrating rule. If someone fumbles their mouse, typos their /random, hits their wrong /random macro, etc. they're going to be SOL.

I realize that may very well be part of the intent of a 10 second rule (ie, it heavily favors those who can actively sit and look at their screen for the full window and discourages wimps like me from even showing up in the first place), but it doesn't seem like a very reasonable timeframe to roll IMHO. Even 20 seconds would allow some small margin of error (don't get me wrong - i'm still not doing it at 20 seconds :p)

San'Drax 10-26-2022 04:05 PM

I think they should all be 10 seconds. Pay attention, if you can't, that item isn't for you.