Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   What's Your Playtime Like For Green2.0? (/forums/showthread.php?t=416243)

DeliciousHalflings 03-08-2023 02:34 PM

What's Your Playtime Like For Green2.0?

As we're all well aware, leveling in EverQuest is unlike any other game. It's a tedious, arduous journey through Norrath. The adventure from one's home city to triumphantly standing over the corpse of Cazic Thule can take weeks or even months. There are even some who go over a year without reaching the end of the experience bar.

Finding a group, traveling to where you want to level, bad pulls while soloing, the list of issues that can pop up while leveling in EverQuest surpass most any other game, with rare exception. EverQuest requires patience and persistence. The game is designed to take time, to actually experience the world rather than rushing through everything and ending up with a raid population that has no clue what they're doing. Because EverQuest isn't just another game, it's a true virtual world. Other games have tried and failed to capture the intangible community aspect of EQ.

On top of all of this, and probably the most appealing and respectable aspect of EQ, you're punished for your mistakes. Not watching your surroundings + dying to mobs while traveling or fighting? You'll lose exp and fall behind the curve, as well as the time it takes for corpse runs. Did something shitty to someone or just play bad & now you've got a bad reputation? Have fun finding a group. Norrath is not a place for the weak willed.

So, now that my stoner rambling is complete, the question is:

How many hours per day do you think you will be able to play on a fresh Green server?

eqravenprince 03-08-2023 03:14 PM

Depends on when it is released, if in the baseball season, then playtime is a lot less. Winter time, 2-3 hours weekday nights and even more on weekends usually.

Christopher 03-08-2023 04:17 PM

12+ hours a day, easily.
I didn't get to enjoy this server at launch, with all the low level zones populated.
Seems like an experience.

Fammaden 03-08-2023 07:21 PM

Green 2.0 memorial day weekend. Get wrecked family men.

DeliciousHalflings 03-08-2023 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher (Post 3586119)
12+ hours a day, easily.
I didn't get to enjoy this server at launch, with all the low level zones populated.
Seems like an experience.

Same here, man. At least until 50, then I'll tunnel rat for a week or so to just relax and soak it in. Some of the most fun I've had in MMOs was being there on a server's opening day & playing through to level cap & beyond. Haven't done it yet on EQ. Looking forward to it on Green2.0.

Also never managed to snag myself an epic. Started my own EQ account late into Velious, and by the time I could go get my epic, between the difficulty of the quest for the class + having better shortly after hitting 60, it just never happened. So, that's at the top of the list this time around.

magnetaress 03-08-2023 09:47 PM

Voted 2-6 because I am cool and normal now.

Butt I wish 12+

Solist 03-08-2023 11:40 PM

I'll play 115-120hrs a week again, just to deny pixels to casuals.

Swish 03-09-2023 01:10 AM

The best players get all the legacy loot then quit from burnout a month later.

Jimjam 03-09-2023 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 3586303)
The best players get all the legacy loot then quit from burnout a month later.

Just an explosive shit on the server. Gustoo is right - post release servers didn’t have these items. We’ve had two with. It would be classic for next one to be without.

Fammaden 03-09-2023 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3586346)
Just an explosive shit on the server. Gustoo is right - post release servers didn’t have these items. We’ve had two with. It would be classic for next one to be without.

Especially if there's a merge. Make blue wait a longer time for the next round of manastone and bead infusions.