Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Donation Status (/forums/showthread.php?t=4266)

Rogean 03-13-2010 04:12 PM

Donation Status

Greetings,

Currently, we are doing decent with donations. We thank all the people who have donated very much, as this keeps the server going.

However many of you have noticed a lot of recent lag spikes at random times during the day. These are not DDoS Attacks, merely our current data center and it's upstream providers having issues. Taking this into consideration, as well as our growing population, which as we suspect will continue to grow for multiple reasons (such as news websites picking up on the hype), and to prepare for a population surge I'm sure will come with Kunark many months down the road, we have decided to act now to improve this situation. Currently we have two servers, one colocated and one rented, in the same data center, with a private link for internal communications. We are initializing a project to stop the lease on the rented server and build another colocated server (The first colo server was built and mostly funded by myself and used partially for the running of this website, eqemulator, and the loginserver). Both colocated servers will then be moved into an already chosen data center with much better connectivity and reviews, into their own lan configuration.

We have a good leg up on donations to begin this project but we still need some more to complete it. This is not a desperate request to fund the server, and we are not in a rough situation that requires this to continue operations, however we do request that anyone enjoying this server consider contributing what they are able to to help the future of the server.

Donation incentives are forthcoming, and those who have already donated will receive them as well. We are still deciding on what to award donations with, but rest assured we will not be awarding ingame items or game changing / advantage-giving rewards.

Thanks.

Crone 03-13-2010 05:25 PM

And here I was about to donate $5k for a Guise mask. Shucks. ;)

I appreciate all you do and will be donating to the project very soon.

Zexa 03-13-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 29703)
Donation incentives are forthcoming

Scared me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 29703)
but rest assured we do will not be awarding ingame items or game changing / advantage-giving rewards.

Comforted me.

I like these updates on how things are going. I like that they are going well even more.

Jify 03-13-2010 06:46 PM

Soon as my student budget can afford it I'll be donating another $200. Thanks for the great server thus far folks. :)

Secrets 03-13-2010 11:27 PM

http://i39.tinypic.com/2yl040x.jpg

Crone 03-14-2010 02:17 AM

So perfect! haha!

Striiker 03-14-2010 11:29 AM

Thank you for the great server! I have and intend to continue donating $15.00 monthly at a minimum. Two other family members are planning on joining me and I intend to donate the same amount for each of them monthly. I believe it's a great idea to post periodic reminders to the players as you did in order to keep the donation flow going and thus keep the servers healthy.
Keep up the great work on the server! I love it and plan to call it my home for years to come!

Kluren 03-14-2010 08:20 PM

$20.00 headed your way. I so greatly appreciate all you do. Thank you.

flednat 03-14-2010 08:26 PM

NM I am blind, Donation inc.

Deanob 03-15-2010 02:13 AM

Donation inc