Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Discussion: Loot and Scoot (LnS) (/forums/showthread.php?t=46127)

Rogean 08-21-2011 07:10 PM

Discussion: Loot and Scoot (LnS)

Reserved.

Rogean 08-21-2011 07:10 PM

Reserved.

Tonomar 08-21-2011 07:18 PM

Let the guilds work this one out, I think it just puts way too much stress on the server staff if they have to worry about bullshit.

Rogean 08-21-2011 07:26 PM

What were the rules on each of the eqlive zek servers regarding this, and how did the community treat it.

Naikon 08-21-2011 07:34 PM

no gm enforced rules on lns, bind camping, or corpse camping.

most of the community will be reasonable and the staff should be spared whatever grief possible

Tonomar 08-21-2011 07:35 PM

All i remember from TZ was pdm raping everyone and doing basically whatever they wanted. From previous boxes, I can say that letting guilds do as they pleased was definitely the best. Even though we all act like complete morons most of the time, I think civil rules can be laid out among the top couple.

Jerin 08-21-2011 07:43 PM

For the general population on TZ lvls 1-45, iirc Loot n scoot worked well.

I don't remember people being dicks about corpse retrieval that often,
unless the victim was being a dick and felt the need to whine/bitch/moan and talk shit.

Then you may have to kill a naked man

Bardalicious 08-21-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 370676)
What were the rules on each of the eqlive zek servers regarding this, and how did the community treat it.

Rallos Zek originally adhered strictly to PNP-style rules. By which I mean any of the following would be considered against the rules:

Training
Intentional XP Loss
Corpse Camping
Zone Line Camping
General Griefing

At one point, killing players that were trying to hide under the protection of guards was considered against the PNP as well, though it was quickly forgotten as being impractical to expect players to not attack from range the people hiding at guards.

These were mostly player-enforced rules, but the constant threat of being banned was usually enough of an incentive to keep people mostly in line. Being that you seem to be leaning away from a RZ-style of PVP server, coupled with the type of player that comprise the EQEmu PVP community at large, I somewhat doubt it will work to expect players to govern themselves like they used to.

pasi 08-21-2011 07:51 PM

No GM enforced rules on this. This kind of goes together with bind camping.

Cwall 08-21-2011 07:53 PM

I think allowing players to enforce LnS will make reputation more important on the server, and people seem pretty good about allowing LnS anyway.