Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Sword Upgrade for Mid-Teens (/forums/showthread.php?t=63268)

Farrakhan 02-01-2012 07:50 PM

Sword Upgrade for Mid-Teens

So, I'm running around in Oasis and Crushbone with a regular, non-magical longsword LOL. Any suggestions for a Bard/Human equipable melee weapon for mid teens? I'll be dual wielding in my late teens, so that is a consideration as well. I only have 60 plat to my name lol, so either need something I can camp, quest for, or buy for cheap.

Thanks in advance.

Farrakhan
Bard of 11 Seasons

fischsemmel 02-01-2012 08:48 PM

I'm gonna try to teach you how to fish.

Go to the wiki. Click on equipment by class. Click on bard. Then open up new tabs for 1h blunt, 1h slash, and piercing. Sort by best ratio. Start looking at the different weapons' individual pages until you find the best weapon possible for a price you can afford. Double check you can use it. The wiki page also lists some prices reported for that weapon, probably, to help guide you to what it is worth. Use the forum search feature to look for any for sale. Hit EC and watch for the weapons you want for sale, or do some WTB auctioning of your own.

Hopefully you can now feed your family for a lifetime.

Lishrac 02-01-2012 08:58 PM

You can also look up weapons that are achieved through questing in that list. If the quest is level appropriate for you then you might be able to save yourself some money by doing the quest yourself.

Flunklesnarkin 02-01-2012 09:07 PM

barbed leather whip and tentacle whip both are bard 1hs weapons if you are looking to farm them yourself.. they drop in najena

or if you just want to buy a weapon 60 plat can for sure get you something nice.. check out east commonland tunnels.. thats where everybody auctions stuff.

Hamahakki 02-01-2012 09:25 PM

Wraith Bone Hammer is like a 50-100pp item. Some nice high levels might even let you have one for free after seeing you are new to the server. I've given away five or six myself. They drop all the time in COM and often get vendored.

Stats are 8/26 with +5 str. 1-hand blunt, magic, non-lore.

Yanomamo 02-01-2012 09:35 PM

Send a tell to Bleugrass for a free http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph..._of_the_Depths

Pomaikai 02-02-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin (Post 541981)
barbed leather whip and tentacle whip both are bard 1hs weapons if you are looking to farm them yourself.. they drop in najena

or if you just want to buy a weapon 60 plat can for sure get you something nice.. check out east commonland tunnels.. thats where everybody auctions stuff.

I never saw a tentacle whip in Najena, but dang they dropped a lot in the basement in Unrest. I still have a couple I need to get rid of. It's a pretty cheap starter weapon.

falkun 02-02-2012 08:27 AM

Smoldering Brands drop like candy in the Hole. Probably one of the best noobie weapons out there since it procs at L1.