View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Banned

This has been happening since the patch to me as well, I know a few guildmates who its happening to also which is why I finally decided to check the forums. I run ramdisk and am used to 0 lag, quick zone times(2-4 seconds) and a average of 50-60ms.

Since the patch, Sometimes I get lucky or sometimes I have really bad luck and I will crash 8/10 zone times. Sometimes it just ends up taking nearly a minute to zone if you leave it alone, Other times it simply freezes and you have to wait for a DC or exit EQ forcefully. Only to restart EQ and come in to a server select that is empty, Restart EQ and try again usually the 2nd restart will display the servers or if you wait about 15 minutes. Mind you I did the Tashania spell quest(10 coins, 10 towns across the world) and this crashing made it hell, The only thing that made up for the zone crashing was being able to load back in almost as fast as active char dissapeared due to ramdisk.

Other times I will go most of the day with no issues then all of a sudden I crash zoning, and it happens again and stuff just goes wrong. Guildmates report similar incidents along with higher ping. I currently have a average ping ingame of 85-95 on comcast.

// The computer I run EQ on
AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 Processor (2048KB L2 Cache, CPU 1) @ 2600MHz (200MHz FSB)
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (Processor: ATI display adapter), 1920x1080x32, 60Hz
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1)

Has anyone installed that patch 30 or whatever and know if it makes a difference? I play on red so trying to rush somewhere for pvp/encounters is very tough when experiencing this.