View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My enchanter is level 30, he should be just right for starting to take on some pirates and stuff. I might actually do a little test, maybe an hour of killing with just fear and an hour doing mem blur/kill and see what each gets me. Mem blur/kill was getting me better xp in the WW giant fort, but I also didn't have a wicked backstabbing pet to pump damage out faster. I really came into my stride and started enjoying charming a lot out there so I want to figure out how to maximize my returns doing it.

I definitely agree with duoing though, especially since I tend to get bored fairly quickly soloing. I often hear about druids and necros having hard times finding groups so I like to invite them, great partners for fear kiting.
Give it a shot out there and see what happens. I would be leery doing it at 30 because most of the mobs are level 31-36. It would probably be better at 34 since fear has a nasty reputation as having additional vs magic checks.

I think you'll also find this is considerably easier than giants as well because of the fact that giants cannot be mezzed or stunned which is the core of your protection.

Happy hunting and good luck. If you find yourself without SOW pots and don't have jboots (these are essential) I can jump on and quickly hammer out a few for you.