View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok first of all. Are you sure? I never played a shaman.
I never played a Shaman before P99, so no, I'm not sure of how it was at this point on live. To the wayback machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog
Before moving forward, there will be a few things to address.

Currently, it combines general alchemy recipes because it is bag type - Medicine bag.

If I change this from bag type - medicine bag, the tradeskills for combining 5 and 10 dose potions will cease to work as they rely on tradeskill - Alchemy.
From what I've gathered, the set of things you can combine inside a medicine bag are separate and distinct from what you can combine inside a bearskin potion bag.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030213...nge/shaman.asp
Quote:
Note you can only use the bearskin potion bag to combine potions, you still need your regular potion bag to make them.
Presumably this person means "medicine bag" where they say "regular potion bag".

Sorry, this next one's a PDF:

https://web.archive.org/web/20040409...to_Alchemy.PDF
Quote:
Well you need to understand what the two different bags are for. The medicine bag is where you combine your reagents into a potion. The bearskin bag will allow you to combine 5 or 10 individual potions (no other denomination will work) of the same variety into a single container 5 or 10-dose potion. A list of things to remember about the bearskin potion bag:

* You cannot combine reagents in the bearskin potion bag to create a potion. This can only be performed in the medicine bag.
* You can only combine potions that are the exact same type. You cannot combine two different potions of any sort. Not even similar potions but of different degree (such as a Lesser Accuracy potion and a Greater Accuracy potion).
* You can only combine in groups of 5 or 10.
* You cannot combine two 5-dose potions into a 10-dose potion.
* You cannot combine a partially used 5 or 10-dose potion with single potions to “recharge” it
* You can use the potion bag to store other items when you are not using it for alchemy. It is a 10-slot bag, which is better than your standard 8-slot backpack.