View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Orc

Default Annual or Biannual Plat Poof

We all know the flaws of the game. Eq has been around for quite a while now. A big problem with any aging server or economy is inflation.

I recently read a thread about the high cost of player sold items for a new player. I couldn't agree more. The fact is, any item costing over 10-20k is a little bit absurd when you consider vendoring prices.

To be clear, I'm not complaining about prices because I can't afford them. I do fine for myself.

This is a serious post about a very real problem.

Also, though the staff has taken great steps to curb it, RMT has already done damage to the economy. One only need to sit in EC for a minute to see that.

This problem can only get worse, so, as a possible solution, instead of a server wipe which some have suggested, I propose a complete player money wipe.

The way the economy is going is making this server more and more inhospitable to newcomers and making a sum of 100pp a trivial or inconsequential amount.

I would like all of you classic players to ask yourself if the costs on this server are anywhere near what they were on live during this time, and think before you respond out of defense of your savings. Though you may be rich now, it will not take long to get back to your current state when all inflation is removed.

Ask not what your server can do for you, but what you can do for your server.
Last edited by rixardion; 01-30-2014 at 12:26 PM..