View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_mo123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why you think it's a huge deal. XP pots will help the raid scene get larger quicker with max leveled characters, a bonus in my eyes. Guise is just cosmetic really, shrink pots are quite easy to come by if you use the mask for shrink mostly. Early access to velious won't be a huge deal either because there will be no raid targets up and there are other mobs too that will not pop so there really isn't anything too great to be had.
Lots of stuff you can do in Velious even with raid mobs depopped to gain a distinct advantage. Off the top of my head:
  • Stormfeather.
  • Plank, etc. for BFG.
  • Log out a mage at WW/Zlandicar (or anywhere) to coth a raid force in when Velious launches for everyone.
  • Skyshrine key, CS portal key.
  • Make and distribute Thurg pots.
  • Camp valuable loot, including stuff like Holgresh Elder Beads and Velium Amulets.
  • Get your warriors/clerics in full quest gear to make day 1 raiding much easier.
  • Farm spells for your guild to have on day 1.

And so on. This is a pretty big advantage for something that doesn't even begin until the $100 price point.

I'm not a fan of exp pots and the raffle items at all, but I'm much more ok with them than the early Velious access.