View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's as much silver lining in "if p99 promotes RMT and doesn't get sued, p99 can make money off of it" as there is in "if i shoot myself in the face and don't die, i'll be famous"
Do you mean that categorically? In other words, IF it was no drop items only and IF it was only certain "collector's items" you'd still feel P99 was shooting itself in the face? What if you throw the fungi staff out so that it's just things like the Guise and one-use potions?

I don't want people paying for fungis with real life $ either, but don't the staff deserve more than just whatever donations a few kind people give? Not to mention all the users, who would benefit from the new servers, increased bandwidth, etc.

What's the harm in letting a few rich people be dark elves to achieve that? Heck, dark elf masks don't even give you a meaningful vision upgrade on this server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

***EDIT***

Oops, posted this before seeing Sirken's post. I'm still holding out hope though, just because:

A) I think this server could use more money than the few donations they get (and maybe I'm wrong, having never seen the P99 balance sheet, but I just imagine there's a lot of cost to this operation; server cages aren't cheap)
B) If it works with one kickstarter, why can't it work with another?
Last edited by loramin; 02-03-2014 at 04:51 PM..