View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinolian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When is it better to go with duel wield vs 2 handed as a warrior? I thought I read that duel wield at lower level levels (prior to 30) is not as much damage as duel wielding because of there being such a slim double attack chance on the off hand

And this piggy backs on the answer..
Do you have to use dual wield to generate more hate for tanking?

Thanks in advance
There is a damage bonus applied sometime after the release of Velious which will put 2h on par with 1h in terms of raw output. Staff of battle has one of the best DPS ratings of warrior 2h weps and so in terms of agro generation via melee damage, this comes out on top. At around 37 high agro 1h weps begin to proc drastically levelling the playing field on terms of agro but not necessarily in damage.

I believe the overall best combo (blended: DPS and agro) with the current mechanics would be:

1-20: 1h fast and no more than 14 DMG (10 damage if under 10). Melee best primary agro.
20-37: 2h but only if you possess a decent one (staff of battle). Melee best primary agro.
37-50: 1h is on par with 2h and is likely better by 50. Also 1h has more options in terms of procable weps. Proc best primary agro.

It's all really subjective and really depends on the scenario.

Flame on warriors!!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter