View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you have a newborn/toddler, EQ isn't a very forgiving game. Don't join a fast-paced group if you have to constantly check on your little ones.

I'm not saying you have no right to play, but way too many times have I encountered people that complain about having to take care of a crying child because it inconveniences their elf simulator time...

Could you imagine being raised by someone like that? I'd hope I came before an EQ emulator in my parent's priorities.
I shit you not the following happened in live:

I was in a group of regulars that I'd made good friends with (we still are) and we had another guild member with us. Let's call her "Mama" *snerk*

We were doing an XP group in the Tower of Frozen Shadow. Mama was a shaman and usually a sponge. Not because she was tending to her kids mind you. She would sponge XP because she never, ever stopped gabbing away in /gu and /g about all kinds of things nobody cared about. Mama tells the group that one of her kids comes running up to her RL chair, kid holding her arm and crying. Mama tells the group not to worry.

Mama proceeded to soak up another 2 hours of XP. When she finally left she told the group that the kid had broken her arm.

We STILL wonder how that kid turned out... It was creepy. Wondered if it was real or just attention whoring. Either way. Yeesh.