View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab *****h [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's only current parolees you need to take the data of past criminals who still haven't gone through the process of regaining their voting rights.
I fail to see how the process of regaining voting rights should be any argument for a hypothetical passing of proposition 19 had arrests for marijuana possession not resulted in possible voters becoming felons. CA has the following listed by the US Department of Justice in reference to the ex-felon re-eligibility process:

"Automatically restored upon completion of sentence, probation and/or parole; felon must register to vote."

The 'process' is basically completing your prison sentence and parole, then registering to vote. It appears that it is no more arduous a task for an ex-felon to vote than it is for a regular citizen. Any ex-felon who did not vote on Prop 19 is no more a cause of it failing than a regular citizen who was too lazy to register to vote. The process for CA ex-felons merely involves registering, unless I am missing something here. If I am please point it out, but as far as I can see Prop 19 was not doomed to fail based on felon ineligibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.