View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Ok, I finally just booted into the game successfully for the first time in linux, without crashing. I haven't run through any zones to look for bugs, but I can give you guys a bit of useful info.

First, I am using an AMD ATI card, which I think was my problem. I managed to get it working after following the instructions in this video for updating my drivers through AMD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evqpassbyqA

Second, I had to run it through WINE as the tutorial suggests, AND change my ini file to the one provided. I also had to reboot computer after running sudo apt-get update to make sure I had everything up to date. I consider myself a novice Ubuntu user, so I'm impressed that I got it working. I hope that helps a little for everyone struggling with ATI issues.

Only strange thing I'm experiencing is that DoT tick messages aren't appearing. I've tried changing all my filters, and still nothing...anyone else experience this? I started a thread in the Server Chat forum, but thought it might have something to do with running it on linux?
Last edited by 1203jjt; 02-23-2015 at 06:42 PM..