View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Would I regret starting P99 as a Human Druid?

Hi all,

All the buzz around Ragefire reminded me about Project 1999, so I want to roll up and play old-school EQ, albeit much more casually than I could as a kid the first time around.

My very first character the first time around was a Human druid, though I ended up switching servers and rolling a Wood Elf Bard to play with a friend before too long. I still remember scraping together enough cash to afford the spell that summons the little light item so I could find my way through the tunnel in and out of Surefall Glade as a blind human. I'm thinking about going Human Druid all over again, but I've seen a lot of advice from skimming the forums to suggest that the Freeport side of the world is much preferable to Qeynos-land for new players.

Will I doom myself by going Human Druid down in Surefall? I'm not particularly worried about end-game min-max concerns - more about being all alone and unable to put together money for spells.

Is this a bad idea - should I look elsewhere as somebody starting fresh and copper-less, or are folks just suggesting Freeport for easy access to buffs in EC?

Thanks!
--Rallon