Thread: Game Mechanics: Melee Dmg
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by compulsion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every single one of those things was vigorously defended by the "community" here. It's like that guy at work who has been passed over for promotion for the last decade but firmly believes he is smarter than anyone else because he is really good at sudoku.

Look at *every* single old screenshot that exists and you will see dw melees missing regularly and hitting for crap damage. Look at *every* single screenshot that gets posted on these forums and you will see a solid string of hits, usually within 30% of max damage.

http://www.lucid-vision.org/viewimage.php?imageid=368

^ Tstaff monk in Luclin gear with epic. ~20% of his hits did more than 100 damage. Of around 25 hits, the best attack was 143 damage. On this server, with Kunark gear, 80% of those hits would be for ~130-155.

Look at any of Nedrian's screens. Luclin geared ranger with epic, rarely hits for more than 30s and misses regularly dual wielding. Hits for around 130 max with a Luclin 2 hander.

If LV played on P99 60% of the players on that menu would be rogues or monks instead of no rogues and 1 monk.

Anyone know how I could get to the old Artful Death or Darkenbane screenshots?

post some prof? All you are posting is a random claim to have seen a screenshot somewhere.

As I said, if the Sullon Zek boards still existed you would see that monks, rogues, and mages, and bards were on the bottom as far as representation. The only melee you really had to fear on live was an SK. On this server a pretty meaningful percentage of the population considers PvP to be logging in and plugging out of KC/Seb endlessly waiting to get lucky and 1 shot someone, while the best PvP toon on the server was a bard(Tune).
this post is very out-of-touch with what actually goes on on this server

here are the 5 most recent screenshots i have of killing (mostly poorly) geared casters level 56+ on red99, with the exception of fefs who likely was in his lower 50s

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

please post some actual evidence of what damage is like on this server before you make wild claims like, "80% of hits will be between 130-155 damage on casters here"

i run around with just over 170 strength unbuffed in resist gear, and a shaman str buff puts me at nearly 255

i have better gear than the monk in your screenshot and i'm fighting casters with worse gear than the caster in your screenshot and the amount of damage i'm doing is pretty similar

melee damage is fine here

the only thing that needs to be lowered is melee hit rate

oh, here's that screenshot in velious era of a rogue landing a single backstab hit of over 700 damage on a very well geared shadow knight: