View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 07:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been having issues since this last patch. Failing to zone, timing out on login, once logged in server list isn't populated, etc. It's incredibly frustrating. P99 has run smoothly for the past year until this last patch for me.
I'm pretty sure that the latest P99 patch is 100% orthogonal to the connection to the login server. The only possible way that you could see issues such as a more frequent blank server select screen would be something related to the network. You might want to try the tests demonstrated earlier in this thread to see if you, too, are seeing packet loss issues. Given all the new issues I've seen pop up on the forums recently, it's very possible that some important router somewhere took a dump, some ISP pairings changed, some international connection piplines became saturated, or something of that nature. The timing of the latest patch is probably an unfortunate coincidence but unrelated if you're seeing issues related to the login server.

The zoning code on p99 did change, resulting in differences in the way that the zoning sequence looks in Wireshark. In theory it should only help, but might have unexplored implications. So, I'm not ruling out the possibility of problems being caused by that change, only saying that if you're seeing an increase in the frequency of issues connecting to the login server (even before connecting to p99) then the evidence suggests the underlying issue lies elsewhere.