View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

I am a full on HP whore, but I feel like going full STA on a Wizard is overthinking it, unless maybe you are already in a raiding guild and you know you enjoy it and you can twink decently.

First, on a Wizard you basically want two sets of gear: full mana for targets where you won't be AEd/nuked, and a mix of resists > mana > HP for targets where you will be. Swapping out those slots for resist gear really cuts into your INT total. For example, I went full INT on my Nagafen/Vox alt and even with fairly legit gear he has only 193 unbuffed.

But OK, even if you get a solid load of PD/Velious gear and are hundreds of points over the INT cap . . . are you really going to miss the 60 HP from 25 STA? That's 2% of your total HP and 1/5 of a wort pot charge. Let's also not forget how annoying it is to obtain raid gear on this server.

And in the remaining months it takes you to level up to 60, your Wizard is going to be even more gimped than the class normally is. How do you plan to make even 10k to hit the cap? Spend 2 months farming the sisters in Lesser Faydark?