View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Default Velium swiftblade - bards

So I just picked one of these up, going to bail on my Guardian's mace. Reasoning for this was that my melee damage is pretty crap to begin with, so i'm not often using my weapons if I'm truly trying to optimize my contribution. Mostly it was to free up my belt for something better than a Sash of the Dragonborn and to sell that off for some more cash to fund some sorely needed upgrades for my shaman.

Being that most of my melee damage came from my primary hand and it's damage bonus to begin with, do you guys feel that 13% more haste modifying my 10/18 primary (and more frequent damage bonus application to boot) will allow this to generate comparable dps (or ... maybe more dps??) in downgrading my offhand ratio from 14/24 to 5/24. Bear in mind that bard dual wield caps at 210 and we don't get double attack. I'm not sure how often dual wield actually triggers, but it can't be more than 60-65% of the time.

For the reasons listed in paragraph 1, I won't regret this shift for one minute, my question is simply:

1. Pathetic bard melee dps with 10/18 primary and 14/24 and 23% haste
2. Pathetic bard melee dps with 10/18 primary and 5/24 with 36% haste

Will ...

a) 1 > 2
b) 1 = 2
c) 2 > 1

Bearing in mind that the real answer regardless is

d) bard melee dps is ass, and if i really cared about my own dps alone I could stack dots for ~60dps in spell damage in a situation where I could twist in aoe dots on top of single target chants

But ... A B or C?

Thoughts from other fellow gimpy-melee bards?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2