View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

The problem with SoW only is it allows people with:

Bind sight
Levitate rings
Shadowstep masks

To get an advantage.

Whereas if you put everyone on Spirit of Scale, you cannot cast bind sight inside for that slight advantage, you won't be advantaged to instant click Shadowstep masks or lev rings as that will kill your SoS also.

Really, it's a speed buff cast every 72min and prevents a lot of the retarded cheese strategies, putting everyone on even footing. Yes, it does require a shaman or Druid show up every hour to cast a buff... We all know the server doesn't have any shortage of those two classes. If you have several FTEers willing to sit waiting for a mob to spawn during a 16 hour window, surely you can get a Druid or a shaman to show up once an hour to refresh buffs.

I had a long drawn out post written up and forgot to post before driving for 4 hours and then it poofed. Basically I'm cool with a run up race and the winner being able to classicly clear guards or whatever they want to do... But the way it is written on LawyerQuest 99, it is vague.

How long do they have to make their one attempt? I think 30-60min is solid enough time to split out his guards and then him.
Does a botched pull including Tormax count as your one attempt? IMO if Tormax ever summons someone, I.E. You dropped it to 97% that counts as your attempt.
If a guild is wiping during their one attempt, can guilds attempt to snipe? If so expect a desynchfest of 4 guilds piling on top of each other.
Last edited by Daldaen; 03-29-2016 at 05:58 PM..