View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard perspective: there's actually like 5 fingers. You're usually the only wizard online at all, and by default the only wizard on the fear raid, so unless they make you roll better than 50 or looter gets to destroy it, your odds ain't terrible. Fingers actually drop loot quite frequently, given the small number of them in the zone. Plus you really only need Arms, Gloves, Hat, and (ESPECIALLY) Robe. Plus all the dang spiders in the zone drop cryo, which are perfectly acceptable subsitutes for pants, shoes, bracers, and only a small tick off on gloves and hat. And they also drop that nifty shield. While you may need to roll on that, most raid leaders with a soul are going to tell mages to f*ck themselves and it's up for grabs between the wizards and necros.

Speaking of necros, the blighted drop rate makes carmine feel like woven shadow. Necros got even more of a gripe here.. Being a necro on a fear raid is like being a wizard on a fear raid, except there's actually 10 others wizards there rolling against you.

Believe me, it could be far, far worse.

If you want to focus your energy into something a little more positive, try and get gimp newly 46 shadow knights guilded so your guild is forced to waste another hour plus pulling the temple needlessly for amys in order to get you a shot at that one last finger by the zone out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen 2 blighted robes drop in one raid. While I somewhat respect you Bubbles you're fucking dead wrong here. The FF drop rate is a cruel joke when you consider how many are in the zone. The entire zone is a cruel joke when you consider that Plane of Hate literally rains loot.

Last night for example? 2 indicolite BPs, 1 cleric bp, 1 insidious robe. All rots. Just sad. And that was just the chest pieces. I've done way, way more fear raids than hate raids and thus far I've seen the two necro robes, and one ranger bp if we're talking about chest pieces. There are wizards that have waited MONTHS for a carmine robe. Am I bitter? Absofuckinglutely. But all young wizards should know what they are in store for.

edit: Verant did make it up to us with a pretty easy epic though. TRADEOFFS YO