View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't know exactly what are SWAT but if they're like french GIGN, they're like elite cops for counter terrorism or hostages situations etc ..? if so they're highly trained to react and not "panic" in dire situations (ex: marignane plane hostages in 94, gunfire in a crowded plane, all terrorists dead, no casualties in the hostages, only one serious wounded in GIGN), which is way different than a regular cop..
SWAT isn't elite

There was a murder-suicide on my block about 4 months ago and they called SWAT. I step outside with my Australian shepherd to take him for a walk and the guy puts his ar-15 in my face and starts screaming for me to get inside. These dumb fucks didn't knock on our doors to tell us there's an active shooter and then got pissed when I tried to walk my dog

We have SWAT teams pretty much everywhere. It just means "special weapons and tactics," but in practice, they aren't any better than our normal police and are organized by the local police departments. If I were litigious I would've sued this ass hole for putting his gun in my face but I was fine telling his commander that they need to learn what the fuck they're doing before they shoot a civilian. They told me I looked suspicious. I was wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt, am brown, and had a well groomed Australian shepherd with me. I basically looked like every Mexican in the entire state, and the cop in question was w Mexican too

Basically, American cops have no training and SWAT isn't any better