View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't consider transgenderism any sort of deficiency. In and of itself it does not signify any sort of substantive shortcoming other than one's capacity to fulfil traditional gender roles, which are increasingly meaningless in modern society. Some people lack health, some lack intelligence, some lack ambition, some lack work ethic, some lack self restraint. Some lack all of those. My point is that subsidizing failure is not compassionate because it propagates misery. It is a disservice to the recipient along with humanity because of the opportunity cost of resources inefficiently expended to sustain their misery for the sake of dodging responsibility.
In general I agree with your ideology.

What if failure happens despite a person making all the right choices, due to a larger more complex systemic failure or input from an external system outside of the control of the individual?

We can euthanize millions of people, but there's no way to know based on beliefs or ideology alone that we aren't destroying something that we could have benefited from if we worked together.

In part we are subsidizing the failure of the patriarchy and baby boomers by attempting to halt change and turn back the clock and expend wasted effort controlling identity and peoples worth to society.

It's like an organism suppressing its own immune system due to an allergic reaction and allowing a cancer to run rampant without antibodies.