View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjerry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty binary if u ask me
I'm not denying that there are other options or points of view outside of the binary.

I happen to be fairly fortunate to fit in and prefer the typical binary here. Though that doesn't make me a cisgender female.

I'm still genetically and was assigned male at birth, and initially socialized as a male, which earns me that oh so infamous trans label.

Even if by all accounts I passably blend and consistently am gendered female by others [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also legally am female. The merits of a binary gender system for identification is a popular topic for wee millenials. I'm not really advocating to change it. My personal preference would be to remove all instances of gender from societies legal framework, basically gender / sex should not net anyone special consideration, protection, or hinderence / sanction.

I'm ok to the status quo though as far as BigO's guidelines from the executive office, it all was pretty reasonable.
Last edited by maerilith; 01-18-2017 at 02:19 PM..