View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He knows what I meant when I described how ogres can get their spells off versus non-ogres.

He has an iksar fetish and just argues for the sake of arguing no matter how many valid and true points people make explaining why ultimately ogres are the master race for shaman with trolls near them at the top.

The fact velious is out doesn't diminish the usefulness of the jaundiced armor clickies, he knows this too.

He mentions how ogres get stunned from the side and back, and I can't think of a time I have ever tried landing a spell on mobs with my backside facing them when on my ogre shaman. Really just a silly response to try to diminish how powerful FSI really is.

Anyway, either class shaman or enchanter is a good choice.

I think enchanters are equal if not more powerful than shamans, and the best part is they won't require the financial investment the shaman will in the end regarding epic and spells.

That being said, if you are min/maxing and pick shaman, go with the ogre you won't regret it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This post is so full of wrong that it's hilarious. You've never played a character past level 30, so you've never even click any Jaundiced Bone armor. You can't possibly know how useless it really is. Know this: Iksar have the benefit of clicking the JBB BP at level 1. They get 46 levels of extra armor before a Troll can even click it once. The JBB bracer is not that good, especially in Velious. Kill any named in Velks or SG or DN or WW using one. I dare you. The snare neck has negligible benefits that only work in specific circumstances, similar to FSI.

You're the first person I've ever heard call Ogre the "master race." That's something people normally associate with Iksar, and for a reason. Iksar are known to be the best race for every class/race combo possibility once Kunark comes out. The regen and the extra armor are seriously that much better while leveling and only become more important once you're at max stats unlike other racial benefits of Ogre and Troll. Warriors don't actually need FSI to hold aggro because they can just click a root net or a slow hammer and everything works out, anyway.

You obviously don't understand racial perks, but instead of accepting that and learning something new, you're doubling down on your misconceptions of FSI. The usefulness is extremely niche because after a mobs bash is on cooldown, you have plenty of time to cast the next root. Next you'll be telling me that Ogres are the best SK because they can channel through bash to cast FD? That's just dumb. It's not important at any other point in the game.

Honestly, FSI is just a crutch. It can be outshined easily just by being prepared and knowing how to play your class. Personally, I'd rather have racial perks that provide constant benefit.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.