Thread: What tank?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
According to what I read on forums, there is a softcap for tanks/meele at 289 for AC and above that, warriors get 45%, knights 33% and rangers like 17%?

Is that softcap 289 of what is shown in total ac then? Because it is pretty hard (atleast for me) to get 289 worn AC if you add together the AC that is written on the actual item when you rightklick it? And why do you get more AC than it is written on the item, even if you wear one? Is that class based?
That is probably the system here, but late Velious on live 289 worn was a hard cap.

Late Velious the hard cap for worn remained, but the cap for the sum of worn+class+defence bonus+agility bonus+spell bonus (total) was changed to a soft cap with 'fairly small' returns.

It wasn't until the SoL/PoP era changes where return after worn softcap actually became significant/a thing at all. Also, until this pre-pop patch there wasn't any bonus to using a shield over any other armour type (beyond unlocking bash).

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=48312

As I recall, a p99 dev mentioned this server uses a softcap system, because they had calibrated all the NPCs under that system to produce close to classic results (and as such, revamping the AC cap system would require all NPC attack values to also be upheaved).
Last edited by Jimjam; 08-18-2017 at 10:46 AM..