View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Careful sir, you are venturing into ban territory by trolling bug forums.

First of all, where do you get i made this up? Did you read the links? This was a confirmed feature from EQs lead developer.

Secondly, I think the devs have shown they are willing to adjust mobs to be more in line with classic, such as the sontalak fear nerf. Maybe things aren't perfect, but we are essentially playing in an extended beta. To say you shouldn't limited mana pools is the same as saying you shouldn't have any ac hard or soft caps because mobs are too hard. You can't wait on implementing a fix always until another fix is in place... If they did that, then things would seldom get done around here.

Lastly, i don't see these mobs being unkillable here despite all these supposed non-classic hit points. People are also using soulfires / reapers / words / wort pots / mallets / recharges / zone pull tactics that weren't commonly known or widespread as in the day, so hard to argue about keeping it truly classic. Velious was defeated in kunark gear and you are upset to lose like 300 mana? A caster won't be able to brag about highest mana pool on the server and that a semi casual can have equal footing to an end game BiS profile is what seems to be upsetting you most.