View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha good one.

Lots of people use intermittent fasting with success. I did a couple years ago, watching Greg "Kinobody" Youtube vids, or I think Dr Sarah Solomon pushes it too.

It takes a lot longer than 16 hours of fasting to slow your metabolism. I think its several days of severe (less than, say, 75% TDEE) restricted calories to do so.

Meal timing seems a big deal among serious lifters (I don't know about other sports that well). Eating 6+ meals. You have to be conscious to have like 2 hours between meals as well. Constantly eating (digesting) is not healthy either.
Yes. I fasted for 36 hours longest I ever went without food which isn't very long compared to some, but, it was interesting.

After 24 hours of no food my mind started to race a bit. I was drinking water during this food fast, but ingesting nothing else.

I then started to feel weak at about 30 hours of no food and by 36 hours I said F it and started to eat again.

I'd like to go longer some day, I just want to experience what it feels like with no food for a week or longer. ot sure if I could do it though.