View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 02:30 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So for lucan you need to be not afk and actively killing the guards in his room (or an aftermath will come and take the camp from you) but for stormfeather you can afk flop right up until spawn happens and nobody else can contest the camp...

Can we get some consistency with the server rules anytime? Thanks!
For Lucan, you must show you are actively killing Lucan's guards to claim the camp, that's pretty simple. Hell, he has a much shorter spawn time so there's plenty of lucans to go around. It's been this way for a long long time.

For SF, would the community honestly want us to switch the way we judge this camp and say you must actively kill cougars(or whatever, with lack of guards) within the range of the spawn location? That's one long camp. Pretty dumb.

Quote:
Selling SF loot rights, this is a douche move, I will suspend you for it under PNP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfrench1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So. Damn. Convoluted. The camp is intimidating because of the time involved, the mixed up rules...and now I find out loot rights are illegal to sell?

Cue the losing trombone sound from Price is Right.
Yeah sorry. That wasn't fair and a pretty BS response from me. Let me elaborate.

Ultimately we want to prevent is a player camping SF, selling loot rights then not giving up the camp.

So if you want to sell loot rights, that's fine I guess. But you must follow the "kill in a reasonable amount of time" guideline. And give up the camp to the next person on the list. This same thing goes with AC camp or any lore items.
If you are the buyer or seller, I encourage you to screenshot all conversations so it doesn't look like you ninjalooted.

I want to bring up one more point because it's come in up in game a couple times. If you are camping SF and you are AFK during the time it spawned. Another player grabs FTE prior to the 5ish minutes(so it doesn't path too far away), I would tag it asap. This will show us in our logs that you were active. If we see you didn't tag it till after that 5ish minutes, you will probably be SOL.

It's usually best to leave SF be till after that 5ish minutes, but I can understand you are trying to prevent a wandering SF so the camp holder will see it. If you are camping SF, be at your computer during the window, makes things easier and it's the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread funny. Much funny.

You got people complaining about 5 minutes being too much time. You got people complaining about not having enough time in their lives to camp, while playing an EQ emulated server. You got people telling GM's they're wrong. You got people suggesting that the people who play here actually have jobs.

Just don't be a dick. Ain't hard.
lol