View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Err, I didn't say what I meant to. Yes, if stuns get resisted (or even one of them, sometimes), then it's often too late for a mez to work anyway. I meant to address if stuns stick but mez resists, which doesn't happen a lot but can happen. Either mez in first slot can be cast a second time before slant fades, though mesmerization cuts it close.

Mmmm. I don't know. Maybe I'll try it just to see how it goes. I guess I still can try both ae and normal mez when they're not in top slot and only be risking the (hopefully slowed) other thing having a little better chance of disrupting the mez since ae is longer cast than a 2nd lvl 4 one.
Like I said I'm pretty bad at explaining shit. If I'm fighting mobs that have a high chance of resisting AOE mez/stuns like East I keep a 3rd stun loaded, so there is always a stun ready incase of resist. 3 stuns is only practical if you don't mind only having 1 swap slot, which I don't mind.

If it's only pet + 1 mob he's fighting and you only have 2 stuns up, Flux>Slant>AOE mez>mob resists>you can still instantly cast single target mez before Slant wears off even if it's not in the top slot. If both the pet and the mob resist AOE mez and you only single target mez one I guess you'd be dead if you didn't have a 3rd stun loaded, pretty sure that's never happened to me and I not had a 3rd stun ready though. 3rd stun can be a live safer in other ways, like if Flux lands then Slant gets resisted against a hasted/DWing pet and you don't have time to cast a mez.