View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 05:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Posting here that charm was not OP before is way off. Before this last patch it was kind of ridiculous. I soloed in Chardok through half of 58 and nearly all of 59 using charm and died once. If you do not consider that OP I'm not sure exactly what your definition of it would be. Even having charms consistently last five to seven minutes would be pretty overpowered. I'll explain what tactics I used below and why:

Typical session in Chardok soloing. Buff (having Rune V up at all times was a must, 254 Charisma), use air elemental illusion, and invis to front gate. Target mobs in the lev tunnel, calm. Run across and use Level 4 Mesmerize to mez pet I wanted. Tash pet and charm. Wait for mez to wear off, 24 seconds. 99% of the time my pets would be casters. Most of them could go through two to three melee (Janissarys, Myrmidons) per charmed pet. I made sure I never fought caster on caster (this was the one time I died when I made this mistake I think). While pet was fighting melee mob I always made sure that mob was tashed and rooted. Reroot as my pet (caster) nuked and unrooted so if charm did happen to break I could remez/retash/recharm. When pet was low, pet guard and run a little ways away to invis. Mez/Nuke until dead. Once current pet was dead, calm around melee and repeat with another caster.
Yeah I basically used this strategy on my Enc whenever I played him. Ridiculously fast leveling because you pretty much get to kill mobs twice as fast (since you get to level off your own pet once it gets low and you just invis). It was fun and all but definitely OP.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis