View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When your life tick rate beats your mana tick rate when sitting (on a regen race with either worn regen or a regen buff this happens very quickly) you're going to be full life much faster than full mana. If you're solo grinding a camp and don't want to canni dance, quickly zapping your life down for mana before medding and taking a few mins to snack/stretch legs/etc helps a lot.

It's also nice to have in emergencies but I only really 'needed' it once or twice and those situations were preventable.

Tldr: just get a cheap spell cooldown reset item. Spyglass is 100pp, Star of Eyes is quested (easy quest & free). It'll make your peeing more efficient by letting you burst up some mana before running off or idk, grabbing a bottle because this is eq
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperdave23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
---all of this is correct, but i would like to remind everyone how amazing that grim aura is for a top slot junk buff not only while leveling but at 60.

if you are pulling/tanking/getting agro on casters that dispel you will be very happy to have that earring ready to be clicked for a junk buff.
Thanks both for the explanation. I hadn't thought of racial regen, but I did know about the junk buff bit, I just thought of that as mainly being an end game benefit (but of course Shaman < 60 raid too so it's absolutely a relevant feature).

All in all I guess for regen races maybe it is worth the trouble, though it still sounds like more of a "nice to have" than a "must have". And of course SoW boots + a spyglass for when you're indoors is a very viable option too.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-13-2018 at 03:39 PM..