View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

I'll post the bits Jan is referring to because they're juicy too:

Quote:
Heal hate = 2/3rds the amount healed excluding crit, focus, and AA portions; capped at 800 on 1-50 targets, and 1500 on 51+ targets.

Relevant patch notes:

March 6, 2001
Quote:
– Hate from heals is also now calculated at a lesser number than the
number of hitpoints healed. Previously, healing one hitpoint would
cause one point of hate. Now, healing 3 hitpoints will cause 2 points
of hate.
February 21, 2001
Quote:
two separate caps have been placed for targets level
50 or below, and 51 or above. Heal spells will generate significantly
less hate for targets below level 51 than those at or above that level.
Dev quote: (mentioned here http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2452)
Quote:
A team member has asked that we clarify the changes to the way hate is awarded in healing. The important point that may not have been clear below is that there is a cap on the amount of hate that can be awarded for any particular heal spell. For a target below level 51, no heal spell can generate more than 800 hate, regardless of the number of hitpoints healed. For targets level 51 or above, the cap is higher, but does not approach the total hitpoints of a fully buffed warrior.
On EQLive it used to be 1 = 1 like damage, but changed to 2/3rds in 2001, and remains so today. The highest level character I tested heal aggro on was level 96.
Heal over time spells and roots are all 10 hate.

Many/most buffs are a flat 9 hate, even if they have a heal component.

Resist buffs, cleric hitpoint buffs, see invis were 9. Even when the cleric hitpoint buff resulted in healing, the hate value was still 9. Skin like wood was 25 for whatever reason. I didn't test very many buffs.
Don't know if these are implemented as such on P99 already. I'll let a Dev comment.

For roots though, it should be noted that Root Nets shouldn't be giving nearly the amount of hate they do on P99.

Root nets, Mallets, Puppet strings... all bogus here. Shouldn't be nearly so powerful.
Last edited by Dolalin; 09-30-2018 at 11:23 AM..