View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Default Is it legal to repeatedly kill a quest mob just to prevent others from getting?

Last night I was camping the AC in S Ro. Eventually I saw the AC, and he went down and was looted by a certain Druid.

And then 72 minutes later I was back for another chance at the AC. I did not see it, but there were several congratulatory messages in /ooc for the same Druid.

And then the Druid was there again 72 minutes later, greedy for another.

And as I thought about it, it seemed unlikely to me that someone could sell and execute even one J Boots MQ that quickly, around 1 am est on a weekday, and be back in S Ro for the next spawn chance. The travel, the gold, getting the rapier(s), finding Hasten. And then to do it again, after 2 am?

Seems possible that if someone is attempting to monopolize the AC, which drops an item that is essential for completing the quest for one of the game's most powerful items, that they would have an economic incentive to prevent anyone else from accessing AC loot.

Is it possible to destroy a Lore item on a body without looting it? Because I am a bit confused as to what happened. I find it more or less impossible to MQ off a J Boot quest at that hour, and so quickly. But I did see the Druid loot the AC, and then he was back around an hour later, getting congratulated for another.

Considering the J Boots quest is so very important, it seems detrimental to player QoL to allow the exact classes that don't need its reward to prevent everyone else from doing the quest.

So is it okay to repeatedly track and kill a quest mob, even when it seems fairly obvious the camper is not getting anything and doing so merely to block others?

Thanks