View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

the goblin camp can be a pita...i would skip it and buy the ring with money you make as you level.

to give you an idea, i have frequently camped the courier with my 60 necro...essentially flopped FD and using my pet to kill (I basically find a ph spot and tab/pet attack) takes zero effort other than not falling asleep...when I need a break I usually run the ph to the lake and root it while I stretch my legs to keep it from wandering off.

I average about 1 ring every 6 hours at the camp killing a single ph...it would be faster to keep two PHs down, but for such a long camp it would take considerably more effort for my play style. I have spent 15 hours there without a single ring...I have gotten two goblin rings in an hour --- the ring happens to not be lore. It is a huge RNG camp...if you get lucky you can do very well.

Bottom line: it isn't a fun camp. the market price of the ring compared to the time it takes to farm one makes it questionable if its a good use of time...it really depends on luck. the one ace about this camp is that it is very low level...anyone can hold it and camp themselves up some plat. If I were new to the server and I needed to make some plat to get rolling I would consider this camp a good starter.

There are more fun camps and more profitable camps...unless you actually derive satisfaction from farming your gear yourself (there are players that insist on this) I'd probably skip it.