View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 10:56 PM
Aviak

I gave a friend who has 3D Studio Max an extracted obj file, the corresponding texture files, and the exported Maxscript file and he was able to run the script and have it texture the model for him. Yes, texturing the hard way is an option, but trying to find an easier way with the files I'm able to get my hands on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I was able to get West Freeport (textured!) pulled into Unity. I've got a little project a friend and I have been working on. Not 100% sure if we'll see it through to the end given the amount of work it would take, but we have the "proof of concept" more or less done. When I get it working in a not-quite-so-buggy state, I'll post a link here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

paulgiamatti, thank you for the links! I'll definitely check them out. I'd sent you a PM asking about this sort of thing. Not sure if you saw it and just responded here, but at any rate, thanks! I'm also going to download your chequip.s3d file and see what is going on there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Like I mentioned above, I haven't had any luck with the Maxscript output in Blender or Unity, but I did have a friend at least be able to show that they work. I'll dig into those links and see if they can give me the nudge I need to get me past this latest hurdle.