View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

There are some cheap proc weapons available but that’s not what a knight does. They use the best weapon available to them (or whatever they want) and rely on casted spells. If that doesn’t work:

1. Something is currently broken and likely to be fixed.
2. The DPS is engaging early and likely making poor gear decisions.
3. The DPS are outclassing them significantly and need to pace themselves based on aggro. Annoying but it’s a part of being a good dps with great gear.

P99 culture by and large is used to cranking the amp to 11. Raid tanks use mallets and grind groups people don’t use discretion then complain if THEY are getting hit. If the tank is casting spells at a sustainable rate that shouldn’t be an issue. It’s likely going to get harder...that means people have to actually try.

Around Luclin on Live I got a willsapper with my Rogue. I was in plenty of groups where I had no aggro problems. The tanks were making an effort and I was engaging at 90% and being careful. If I was taking hits and stealing the healer’s mana I would adjust my gear, pace myself, and apologize.

You can also often root and make a proximity aggro announcement hotkey. Cast stun and FOL as much as possible so when root breaks you do t lose control right away. Let the dps die if they don’t understand to keep max distance. They should have learned this stuff in HHK...
Last edited by Snaggles; 02-14-2019 at 09:04 PM..