Thread: Spells: Charisma and you
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 05:50 AM
Planar Protector

tl;dr

Charisma affects all classes' charming which really doesn't surprise me I mean if they wanted to treat charms different they could have added a Beguileanimal SPA or something. Some classes have this effect on charisma capped lower than others. However no matter your class cha should affect the resisting and saving throw of charm and just the resistance of mez while memblur gets a greater chance of success.
Crit resist on lulls should only make a saving roll versus the PC's CHA while
So it would only be useful for enchanter/necro/bard's to surpass as the soft caps GZ referred to were somewhat misleading as most of the things that CHA affects stop getting a bonus at 200 but it is still useful to max if you are lulling/blurring. I'd also expect DI to not be capped at 200 Enchanter probably had its cha effectiveness cap at 200 being the charming class and perhaps bards to. The caps on necro/druid charms must have been low enough that base stats could cap out the effect. Although I'd put necro's higher than druid's as necro gear has lots of negative charisma on it.

Also that 5% chance for charm to break being the floor would account for much shorter charm duration in classic not to mention druid/necro's lack of access to MR debuffs. Although just after the quotes from GZ Kunark dropped and gave druids their pet tash probably to balance them out with necro charm efficacy.

Lot to go through in there tbh and Im not sure what is implemented although I believe some of it is while some was removed. Druid's not being charismatic charmers here since 2011 is I'm sure infuriating.
Last edited by Pringles; 02-22-2019 at 05:53 AM..