View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is probably the best argument for respawning Warders and it's fairly good IMO, but I think it comes down to the museum metaphor breaking down a bit in the case of removed content. There simply was no mechanism for respawning the Sleeper during classic for the museum to exhibit. If you allow for respawning the Sleeper, then to be consistent, you also need to allow for Manastones, Guises and Lockets dropping again, allow killing Nagafen with level 60s, and other "you had to be there for that limited window" type content.
Well no, not at all, because there is literally precedent from the dev team in allowing not Classic things to be things.

In some cases unavoidable, in some cases just because they think it's easier, and in some cases probably because they don't care enough.

Nevermind that the timeline itself isn't 1:1 accurate, again undermining the point you thought you were making.
Quote:
Part of what I appreciate about P99 is that Nilbog has a more or less coherent philosophy for what it means for something to be "classic," and Warders respawning just doesn't fit into that philosophy as far as I can see. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now this is probably true.