View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Groups are only a couple people so I wouldn't think it's that weird if a group chat ends up being quiet. I'm not talking about cliques or guilds though. I'm not level 60, so this is just my experience progressing through the levels and zones. Zones are often 10-20 people for hours with no one saying a word, not even answering questions like where the food vendor is -- except "CC" that shit is instant. It's freakishly weird. Oh, lol, you'll also hear from people in a super rage-y kind of way if you kill their guard or rat or whatever and it was part of some camp you didn't know about.

And wtf, AOL? This is 2019. If you were going to chat in something it would be Discord. But only weird people type instead of using a mic when given the option. And besides, having Discord doesn't prevent you from communicating in-game.

Let me clarify though - people have been super friendly and talkative if I send them messages. I've met some pretty cool people that way too. Both higher levels and lower levels. It's just been bad enough in public channels I've started to think there were unspoken rules about public communication, lmao.

edit: This has been mostly in Highkeep and then some of the outdoor zones I've leveled in. Maybe it's a bit different in big grouping hotspots at higher levels.
Yeah, I suppose so. I try to send a direct tell to people who might want a group or I want some company instead of soloing. The duo turns into a trio, then a full group where there's 3-4 mobs coming in, being CC'd and we move from mob to mob, and then more pulled. Hell, people even invite to a discord channel if the group's having a good time.

The modern communication options probably have something to do with it...telegram or discord or any other number of IMs that weren't around back in '99-2000. That and also people prolly don't split their chatwindows by category. I have a window full of guildchat, groupchat + tells, a couple spamwindows and so on.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>