View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

AC was broken on this server for years, but it was fixed around the time Velious came out. I should update the guide! My warrior is geared for AC (1400, which isn't soooo far from the raiding warrior mains) at the cost of HPs (5570 w/out Divine Strength, which is very average) and when parsing it is noticeable in all zones. Sakuragi can handle the spore king camp with a single cleric and no slow. Icy Servants are much more manageable when they virtually never hit for max. Liia and I duoed Xenevorash straight up WAR/CLR many times rather than cheesing him with the guards. You can even see a forum post where Zarza showed that 1AC:2-3HP for enchanters. Do not underestimate the power of AC!

Knights really are far superior to Warriors in Temple of Veeshan for most drakes and all wurms; people just aren't used to playing to their strengths, i.e. instant tash and putting Turgur's in the first slot and casting it every 6s with a clicky. Add in all of Kunark and Knights should be raid tanking decently often now, where AC/HP are more important than mana pool.

I can definitely see a bigger mana pool being relevant while duo/trio or so though when things go wrong. The question I guess is whether it's more important to have steady efficiency in the form of low average hits and big cheals or more ammunition when Murphy's law strikes. I guess it depends on the group. That low AC might prevent the Cleric from falling asleep!
Last edited by Raev; 04-21-2019 at 07:27 PM..