View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think what a lot of unguilded people don't realize is that guilds are EQ's natural selfishness channeling mechanism. Everyone in a guild is selfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Everyone joins the guild to get gear for their character. Sure they might become friends and do things to help each other outside of raids from time to time, but they don't go to raids for the "fun" or for the "community": they go for the DKP (raid points) and loot (purchased with those DKP).
Everyone?

Not hardly. I haven't been in a guild which helped me obtain even a single item in at least a couple years now, and even before I always preferred obtaining most my stuff myself. I refuse to join a guild that uses any sort of DKP on general principle. EQ's not simply about pixels for some folks. Step back and take a breath, and don't let the pixel sickness claim you.

Cleric epic is unique. If you aren't in a guild you don't need it at all. If you're in a medium- to higher-end guild, most such guilds are eager to help cleric mains get the click stick. Main place where it's difficult is in lower-end guilds that cannot effectively contest Ragefire. In that kind of situation the best you can do is try to participate in some high-value cash camps and win some drops. Duo with an Enchanter is good advice that can reliably earn decent amounts of platinum relatively quickly.

Danth