View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 06:24 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently started to camp Alice 4 in PoM after not going there for a few years. A few years ago, 22 and Brenn/Grenn were the only 2 thrones dropper camp. . Due to some infamous like Svenn, Lunatick and others, those were considered 2 separated camps cause you didnt had line of sight on both camps. Now with the addition to Glonk/Grink is it now 4 camps?

I tried to avoid being a dick so far and claiming a camp while the the actual camper is away killing another mob. So, I would like to know if theres a ruling possible to be made there. Usually Brenn/Grenn is main room and if the farmer at least pull them all there it could avoid some problems, cause the dude sometimes leave that room for 15mins killing other PHs then gets back and consider it his camp and some drama may follow.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could make a ruling here Menden, it would be appreciated. Thanks

I'll defer to Llandris to give a ruling on this one, I have a decent understanding of the mechanics of that zone but I believe he has spent more time in it than I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we talk about just this part? Would it maybe, just maybe, make sense to publish those rules outside of the in-game petition system (which then gets parroted and turned into pseudo rules passed around the forum)? In other words, can we put what you just wrote, in a more refined form, in the official rules?

I know you GMs like your rules ambiguity so that you have full discretion to make rulings, and you should have that discretion: but can't we get a win win here? Can't you define explicit, public rules that the whole server can be clear on ... while at the same time asserting "but we can do whatever the crap we want in game, we're GMs bitches!!!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And FWIW I'd freely volunteer my time, in any capacity that I could be useful, to help make that happen. My time's not worth a lot since I'm not staff, but I'm a former Lit major (good at English editing) and wiki addict (good at wiki editing, if we wanted to put the rules in an admin-locked wiki page so we don't have a bunch of different copies floating around the forums ... which would be awesome).
Compiling out solid rules and judgements is above my paygrade. But my first post is a pretty clear guideline. Camp disputes that involve us are pretty uncommon at this point in time. Every situation is different also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Based on those parroted rules passed around in forums, which Menden just summarized (they're not in the official rules document yet, but that post is a HUGE improvement), I'm going predict a ruling.

A multi-spawn camp is two NPCs close to each other (typically within line of site, and usually in the same room) in an indoor zone. PoM isn't an indoor zone, ergo it has no (multi-mob) camps. But the way Menden phrased things, it could be considered a "dungeon". Either way, the only potential "camp" that would qualify in that area would be the twins; all the other "camps" there are one mob per room.

Like any outdoor zone (or indoor/dungeon zone where a multi-spawn camp ruling doesn't apply) each player can camp a single spawn point: the gorilla, or the mouse, or Twenty-Two, or the twins (maybe just one, but since they share a room and PoM is arguably a dungeon I'd imagine they count as one camp).

You have to pick one and only that one is "yours" ... but you can still do the other mobs at A4 (or the rest of Alice), as long as no one else is claiming them as their one spawn point. If you pick the gorilla, and someone else picks Twenty-Two you can't kill Twenty Two ... but you can kill either the mouse or either one of the twins, as long as you beat the guy at Twenty-Two to be the "first to engage" them.

All of that is 100% separate from what the players consider to be "a camp", and the staff would of course encourage you to work things out with any other players there rather than bother them.

How'd I do?
Pretty good, here's how we expect players to behave when it comes to camps.

If a player/group is holding multiple camps in a zone, that's fine as long as no one else wants them. As soon as another player/group wants one the camps the holder gets the option which single camp they prefer. The new player/group gets to pick their camp and the rest become FTE unless both players/groups work out a deal to split them up. But players must communicate in some fashion so there is no conflict. So, what Loramin said was pretty darn accurate.

A more specific situation that comes up often is Bards and Nobles in hhk, many, many players consider this one camp. But based on the guidelines above, this is a dungeon type zone. So LOS/Agro guidelines come into play even though they are fairly close to eachother. So if a player is holding both and another player shows up, the original player needs to pick one.

Sirken always told me, camp in the room that has the target you want.